Positioned to take on-your Aerospace and Defense Cable needs!
Posted 1 August 2014 1:47 PM by admin
We are a registered U.S. Defense contractor, an ITAR registered supplier, and proud founding member of the New Hampshire Aerospace and Defense Export Consortium.
At New England Wire, we believe the most demanding applications require a custom solution!
- Design Assistance: Whether you have a detailed specification or simply a list of requirements our sales and design engineering staff has the experience and knowledge to quickly offer a competitive quote on a custom design. Our staff is also happy to get involved in the development stages of your project to work towards an ideal solution.
- Drawing and Plating: In-house wire drawing capabilities from 5/16” (7.94 mm) copper rod to 54 AWG alloy wire allow New England Wire Technologies to customize flexibility, weight and performance to the exact application. Our tin and silver plating lines provide high quality coatings on bare copper and alloy wire for improved solderability and temperature resistance. Additional wire options include nickel plated copper, aluminum for weight savings, various copper alloys for improved flex life, resistance wire for deicing and heating applications, thermocouple wire for temperature measurement, steel for high strength, and custom or toll materials.
- Bunching and Cabling: New England Wire Technologies has an incredible range of bunching and cabling equipment to assemble custom cabling solutions. Conductor strands can range from 46 AWG equivalent up to diameters over 3” (76.2 mm). We are the original U.S. manufacturer of Litz wire for high frequency windings which continues to be a core competency of our business. Formed constructions with rectangular or custom dimensions can also be manufactured. In addition to building conductors, our experienced operators can combine multiple components together into a single complex cable. These hybrid cables can include multiple coaxes, twisted pairs, power and signal leads, fiber optics, vent tubes, etc. to meet all of the needs for any application. New England Wire also has decades of experience providing cabling services to the superconductor industry including involvement in most of the major worldwide accelerator projects.
- Braiding and Shielding: New England Wire Technologies is well known in the aerospace industry as a manufacturer of high quality braided wire products. These can be sold as stand-alone shielding braids or applied over individual wires or components to provide a defense against electromagnetic interference (EMI) or to create coaxes and shielded twisted pairs. In addition to braided shields, New England Wire Technologies can apply spiral or foil shields to strike the ideal balance of shielding effectiveness, build, weight, and cost for a particular application. Braiding of textiles or toll materials is also available.
- Extrusion: New England Wire Technologies has the capability to extrude a wide range of materials for wire insulation and jacketing. These include PVC, Polyolefin, Polyurethane, Silicone Rubber, Polyester, Fluoropolymers, specialty and toll elastomers. Materials are custom selected to meet the demands for the exact application and the extruded diameter can range from .003” (.076 mm) to 3.5” (89 mm). Careful material selection can provide properties from low temperature flexibility to 300˚C operation, amazing flexibility to incredible toughness, UV resistance, low loss dielectrics, oil and chemical resistance, flame resistance, zero halogen, and low smoke generation. Insulation can be applied to round, rectangular or custom profiles and exact color matching and custom printing can also be utilized on cable jackets.
- Testing: On-site quality personnel, facilities and equipment ensure that our products meet the demanding requirements of your specification.
For your entire aerospace and defense cable needs, Contact Us. We are ready to make your design ideas a reality!
For more information about the New Hampshire Aerospace and Defense Export Consortium, visit www.NHADEC.com.